COOKING: My first Macarons : reflections on making of

  I've been watching  Australian cooking show My Kitchen Rules for some time already. And frankly, not once, but a few times. I can watch the show over and over again, as the lovable participants (read MEN) are cooking some good food.  On one of the episodes Nic an Rocco were making the macarons, and it looked so easy, so beautiful.

Today, while shopping for oil, i somehow noticed almond flour on the shelf (generally it is not a popular consumer product available everywhere in Latvia). Instantly i knew, i have to try making macarons.

I googled for a few recipes. I did not know where to start. So i took a random recipe (which i understand and does not sound too complicated). So my choice went for this one.

I generally never end up making the food according to recipe. So i was surprised that this time, most probably the deviation was for about +/-10% only .

Recipe is easy, everything makes sense but the filling recipe. Somehow it was still very runny, while whisking. And i decided to adjust the recipe by doubling the caster sugar amount. That was so much better structure wise. But taste wise, sweet, sweet sweet. So, i added a pinch of lemon juice. That was it! Totally me.

And this is what i ended up with: crunchy on the outside, quite chewy inside



Comments